Tuesday, August 16, 2016

NBC Asian America Features Kristen Kish

The 11th installment of NBC Asian America’s “Life Stories” features Kristen Kish, Top Chef's Season 10 winner.

Kish, who currently resides in Boston, came to America when she was four months old. Kish says, “Growing up, I never really felt that I was different. I never saw myself as being an adoptee or being a Korean adoptee.”

After “Top Chef,” Kish received messages from members of the Asian community, parents who have adopted, and others who responded to her story. "The messages and support that I've gotten is something that is incredibly humbling and proud for me," she said. " It’s making an impact to somebody somewhere out there, and that’s really great for me."

“Life Stories” is part of NBC Asian America Presents..., a new video channel by NBC Asian America that features long form content and original franchises centered around themes and voices found in Asian American and Pacific Islander communities.


Mandatory Credit: NBC Asian America


Follow NBC Asian America on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Tumblr.

No comments:

Post a Comment